Monday, December 10, 2007

xinxiang-1

Below are some pictures from Bai yun Airpot, guangzhou new airport that is huge...
well it is nothing much yet at the moment and i can only get free wifi at their McDonald counter
the signal is not so good but still better than nothing. i will soon update more things as i have just figured out how to access my blog




Sory that i have not yet written a thing since i arrived here. I have just managed to get online because the computer is
using chinese and everything is in written chinese. When i want to type something, the computer is only configured to use ping
yin. after working it out with my friend for a while, i can at last write something out normally.

Well, first, travel from Kuala lumpur to ZHengzhou is not much of a problem. I met a lady sitting next to me on KL to Guangzhou
flight. She is a travel agent who is leading a group to travel to Hainan and transit at Gz on the way there as well.
I asked her some of the procedure in china and she guided me around the Guangzhou airport and how to do things around.

there is one weird thing in china worth noting. it is that although you're taking flight from one same single airline, while you transit at
transitting @guangzhou, you MUST claim your bag and "RE-check in your bag".
I asked her if it happens only in guangzhou or everywhere in china. she said every airport in china has this policy.
which mean it will be a very troublesome procedure if you are transitting at one airport for quite a long time,
meaning we have to keep the bag at "paid keep baggage counter"
plus, one must get out of the airline's custom check and get to check in your bag again when the counter is opened, and another
custom check... but with her little guidance, things are handled quite smoothly.

When i arrived at Zhengzhou, my friend's parents were there to pick me up and it was 5.5 degree celcius. yes, it's darn cold
as expected. I ran into the car as the wind blows hard... ha3x.

Well, the journey to Xinxiang from Zhengzhou is about 1.5 hours and I get to their home by around half an hour past midnight.
Had a little supper of the home made fried rice and went to bed.
The next day the most mother brought me for cloth shopping coz my jumper wont help me to fight the cold at all.
I had 3 new clothing layers, one is the long sleeve cotton cloth and pants. then a layer of "mao cin" , a sort of thin
sweater. and one thick jumper.. . now i look just like how the local dressed.

Living in kuala lumpur for 2 years which temperature has never changed daily of 30 degree celcius
everyday.and all of a sudden its cold. i love cold... i somewhat enjoy it altho i can shiver to my brain.. hahaha
i woke up at 7am today.
then after big breakfast, host father said not yet going and he asked me to use the computer first.
I said, hao, then i went to my room and lie down. AND FALL ASLEEP until 12 o'clock noon bwakkakakkakka
they thought i was sick or some sort of fever, haha, i am not ..the cold weather is very accomodating to sleep.

my mandarin has been the best joke of the day...when i want to speak/say something during diner
then everyone will suddenly STOP doing whatever they do, they are on halt, then they look at me.... everyone is all suddenly
so quiet and shut and turn their head and face towards me. when i have said something, they will laugh again and discuss
interprete what i said.. hahaha....

Conversation within this 2 days has been quite a challenge, but they are patient enough to me.

Mother should have had my phone number as i have sms her since yesterday.

ThQ and please let mother know that i am doign very well and being TOO well fed, breakfast for me is a big bowl of noodle
plus bowl of porridge and fried egg... always full stomach.

One more thing is that today, quite an artist drew me 3 "mao pi" painting. all of them are very nice and personally signed
and drew for me. I will take the picture later and send it to you.

No comments: